#100DaysOfCode R3D3: More testing. I use @PrettierCode@twitter.com in my project and updated my .prettierrc to enforce trailing commas when ES5-valid. Dangling commas are ugly but simplify git diffs and commit logs.
#100DaysOfCode R3D4: Mostly out of pocket today, but I added a few more tests! I think I've got to follow TDD in the future because writing unit tests, though not the fun part, provides so much clarity.
#100DaysOfCode R3D5: Spent a few hours coding at a wonderful @email@example.com cafe in Naha, Okinawa. Good food, free wifi, outlets at every booth, and... self-serve coffee and tea! 😍
#100DaysOfCode R3D6: Trying to figure out how to write good tests for recursive and/or probabilistic functions.
#100DaysOfCode R3D8: hunting bugs 🐜
#100DaysOfCode R3D10: Explored some Buddhist temples in northern Thailand, thinking of reducing my application's dependencies to increase its stability in diverse environments, reducing suffering. Refactored for 3 hours. Coming up with better analogies.
#100DaysOfCode R3D11: My player character looks like she has different items equipped when I change weapons. I have some specific user stories to get to next, but I'd really rather fix the animations...
#100DaysOfCode R3D12: Corrected player attack animations to be appropriate (slash, thrust) for the weapon type. Considering what to do about missing art. I'll probably leave it for now and focus on improving the UI for a while.
#100DaysOfCode R3D13: Not altogether pleased to have ejected from create-react-app today. However, I need variable-based keyframe values for my animations, which means I need to be able to access my webpack config to set up SCSS.
#100DaysOfCode R3D17: Enemy attacks are animated! Unfortunately, the animation is all or nothing. If one orc adjacent to the player attacks, the other orcs across the map take a swing at nothing in particular.
#100DaysOfCode R3D18: Planning a few fixes and to consolidate two similar components. Haven’t had time to fully implement yet, but my approach makes perfect sense in my head and should definitely work.
#100DaysOfCode R3D19: My hunch yesterday was basically right: enemies now attack separately, and it's marvelous. I also updated some tests and noticed that one "passing" suite didn't even attempt to test the correct function. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#100DaysOfCode R3D21: So much sweet delight trying to figure out why my code *works* on the page while failing basic tests. I still have no clue! 🙃
#100DaysOfCode R3D22: I fixed the problem from yesterday. I think it was due to lodash _.clone() being a shallow clone of my array, but I don't know why that was problematic in this case and not anywhere else.
#100DaysOfCode R3D23: Enemies are about to start chasing the player character around the screen. Right now they just individually console.log things like "I should move north!" when the player is north of them. It's cute.
Nasqueron is a budding community of creative people, writers, developers and thinkers. We focus on free culture, ethics and to be a positive change. We share values like respect, justice and equity.