#100DaysOfCode R3D1: Let's do it again! Last October I started R3, but hardware problems killed it. Problem solved, and I want to share what I'm working on. This one's from the road, #DigitalNomad style!
Currently: Writing reducer tests for my #reactjs#redux dungeon crawler.
#100DaysOfCode R3D3: More testing. I use @PrettierCode@twitter.com in my project and updated my .prettierrc to enforce trailing commas when ES5-valid. Dangling commas are ugly but simplify git diffs and commit logs.
#100DaysOfCode R3D4: Mostly out of pocket today, but I added a few more tests! I think I've got to follow TDD in the future because writing unit tests, though not the fun part, provides so much clarity.
#100DaysOfCode R3D7: My goal in adding @firstname.lastname@example.org tests was to make it easier to keep track of breaking changes. I now have 104 fairly thoughtful tests in 21 suites, yielding ~67% overall coverage. This is a big project for me, but tests are (helpfully!) starting to fail. #react
#100DaysOfCode R3D10: Explored some Buddhist temples in northern Thailand, thinking of reducing my application's dependencies to increase its stability in diverse environments, reducing suffering. Refactored for 3 hours. Coming up with better analogies.
#100DaysOfCode R3D11: My player character looks like she has different items equipped when I change weapons. I have some specific user stories to get to next, but I'd really rather fix the animations...
#100DaysOfCode R3D12: I introduced a boss on level 3 of my #react dungeon crawler. Watch out, he's got Golden Armor and a Dragon Trident, and he knows how to use them! CSS enables great attack animations.
#100DaysOfCode R3D12: Corrected player attack animations to be appropriate (slash, thrust) for the weapon type. Considering what to do about missing art. I'll probably leave it for now and focus on improving the UI for a while.
#100DaysOfCode R3D13: Not altogether pleased to have ejected from create-react-app today. However, I need variable-based keyframe values for my animations, which means I need to be able to access my webpack config to set up SCSS.
#100DaysOfCode D3D14: Having trouble prioritizing... there's so much to do! I think I will spend the next few hours separating #react components from containers. Later, I'm to have a drink with some #DigitalNomad folks in Chiang Mai.
#100DaysOfCode R3D17: Enemy attacks are animated! Unfortunately, the animation is all or nothing. If one orc adjacent to the player attacks, the other orcs across the map take a swing at nothing in particular.
#100DaysOfCode R3D18: Planning a few fixes and to consolidate two similar components. Haven’t had time to fully implement yet, but my approach makes perfect sense in my head and should definitely work.
#100DaysOfCode R3D19: My hunch yesterday was basically right: enemies now attack separately, and it's marvelous. I also updated some tests and noticed that one "passing" suite didn't even attempt to test the correct function. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#100DaysOfCode R3D20: My #react dungeon crawler is loosely a rescue mission, and I added the kidnapped prince today. He was scantily dressed at first but now has proper trousers, shirtsleeves, and a vest. I haven't decided if his personality is noble or annoying yet.